Bayes Centre News: Apply now to the EIE Investor Readiness Programme
Applications are now open for the EIE Investor Readiness Programme - Where Innovation meets Investment. We welcome applications from Tech Entrepreneurship companies seeking Seed to Series A, located anywhere in the world.
EIE is more than a day – The EIE Investor Readiness Programme is an intensive preparation for founders and business leaders, providing training which is designed to enable and enhance your business, as you seek to understand and explore the options for current and future investment.
Applications are now open to Tech Entrepreneurship companies who wish to join the next EIE Investor Readiness Programme cohort.
The EIE Investor Readiness Programme
EIE is the largest investor readiness programme of its kind outside London and the premier technology investor showcase.
Since 2008 the EIE programme has supported more than 500 data-driven high growth companies, who have raised in excess of $1 Billion investment, from seed through to Series A and later stage funding.
Join a programme which will outfit you with tools not only for pitching, but including practical support in legal, IP and financial issues. The skills you develop in the EIE Investor Readiness Programme will give you an important foundational footing for long term success and help take your business to a global stage.
The programme offers:
- A preparation programme with support, teaching and the opportunity to network throughout worth more than £14,000.
- Running from March to September – so that you are still able to focus your time on your company.
- Intensive pitch training – develop your authentic message.
- Learn what investors are looking for in companies and how to present your company as an attractive proposition.
- Gain the tools to know what to look for in an investor and investment, so you can make the right choices.
- Prepare your pitch for EIE22 and have the chance to apply to make an extended pitch, with the chance to take investor questions.
- EIE is an Official Nominator for The Earthshot Prize 2022. The Earthshot Prize is awarded by The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to five winners each year. Each winner receives £1 million prize money to continue their work.
Who should apply?
Tech entrepreneurship start up and scale up companies who sit within one of our ten sectors or who are a tech entrepreneurship company from outside these sectors, who wish to apply as a ‘wildcard’ entry.
- Companies seeking investment in the second half of 2022, from seed to series A, who are post revenue, or have a clear pathway to revenue.
- Founders and business leaders who are looking to learn what investors are looking for in an investment and what they should seek out in an investor.
- Founders and business leaders who are trying to find the right way to tell their story and how to present an authentic pitch.
Work with our team, who have supported more than 500 companies to raise more than $1 Billion in investment and learn from our carefully curated partners and sponsors, who will provide real life experience and mentoring. We invite you to join this ever expanding EIE Alumni community.
Join a programme which will provide you with tools not only for pitching, but will also include practical support in legal, IP and financial issues. The skills you develop in the EIE Investor Readiness Programme will give you an important foundational footing for long term success and help take your business to a global stage.
More Than A Day
EIE culminates on the 6th October 2022 at the EIE Conference, where the EIE22 cohort will pitch for investment from Seed to Series A and beyond, to an international gathering of venture capitalists, high worth individuals, investment firms, angel investors and business leaders.
EIE features the International Market Square, an incredible opportunity to meet businesses across our ten sectors, network with thought leaders and have impact conversations with others in our ten sectors.
EIE also features internationally renowned speakers from government, business and the tech sector. With keynote speeches, fireside chats and in depth conversations, EIE is the vanguard of tomorrow’s conversations.
EIE has its home within the University of Edinburgh's Bayes Centre – the innovation hub for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence and is its global flagship for Data Driven Innovation. It is able to draw upon the incredible resources of the University, to provide a world class environment for business to scale and attract investment.
EIE is a thought leader in Scotland’s tech ecosystem and has the experience and resource to help your company to reach their goals, find the right investment and help you reach the next level.
EIE is an Official Nominator for The Earthshot Prize, the most prestigious global environment prize in history, designed to incentivise change and help repair our planet over the next ten years. It is the perfect place to take your company to the next level.
The EIE Investor Readiness Programme is open now. Applications close on the 16th January 2022.
Competition for places at EIE is always high and so we encourage considering your application early, to give yourself the best chance of being accepted. Companies who have taken part in EIE previously are welcome to apply if they can show significant progress.
Find out full details and apply on the EIE website: