Venture Builder Incubator
Welcome to the University of Edinburgh Venture Builder Incubator.
Come and watch some of the most recent cohort, VBI 4.0, pitch at the Showcase on Thursday 22 February.
The Venture Builder Incubator is a curated programme of interactive, online workshops and some in person events designed to provide PhD students and academics with the skills and knowledge to exploit the commercial potential of their research.
Building on the success of our previous cohorts, we continue with our partnership with Cancer Research Horizons to support founders from across the UK working on cancer-related projects.
The programme offers the opportunity to be at the heart of a vibrant community and to develop life-long professional and entrepreneurial skills.
The incubator offers:
- Funding: access to a share of £100k+
- Transform Ideas into Reality: UoE Venture Builder Programme specialises in helping researchers bridge the gap between academia and entrepreneurship, guiding participants to understand market dynamics and develop a robust commercialisation strategy.
- Expert Guidance: Benefit from the mentorship from entrepreneur-in-residence, the National Robotarium and learn from industry experts.
- Tailored Support: Receive a curated programme of interactive, online workshops and in-person events.
- Access to Networks: Connect with a dynamic community of like-minded individuals, and industry partners. Forge valuable relationships, expand your professional network, and unlock endless collaboration opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial Education: Develop essential entrepreneurial skills through our tailored workshops and seminars. Acquire the knowledge necessary to navigate the competitive start-up landscape with confidence.
The Venture Builder Incubator is delivered by the University of Edinburgh’s world-leading innovation hub for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, the Bayes Centre, and Edinburgh Innovations, the University of Edinburgh’s commercialisation service on behalf of its Data-Driven Innovation Hubs. We are looking to work with motivated individuals and teams eager to test their ideas, solve real world challenges by creating data-driven companies that use technology be it software, hardware or have the potential for a digital component.
Applications are currently closed, if you would like to be up to date with events and applications opening please register your interest here.
Don’t forget to check out who is in the programme this year.