DDE Post-Covid AI Accelerator
The University of Edinburgh Post-Covid AI Accelerator will be delivered online through the University of Edinburgh’s world-leading innovation and enterprise hub - the Bayes Centre and Edinburgh Innovations, the University of Edinburgh’s commercialisation service
This Post-Covid AI Accelerator is financed by Scottish Funding Council through Data Driven Innovation (DDI). The Accelerator gives data-driven AI scale-ups the chance to connect their ideas to the world and support a recovering society, through entrepreneurship. This programme will be partnered by Scale Space and supported by Nile.
The programme is designed to accelerate the best AI scale-ups in the UK, Scotland, Europe and beyond to scale globally within a short timeframe and aims to attract disruptive scale ups that apply AI with high-growth potential while helping them grow into world-leading companies. The University of Edinburgh, is home to the largest centres for computing science and informatics in Europe. This cohort will comprise of up to 15 companies and follows three previous Bayes Accelerators cohorts, which saw 29 companies raise over £3.8M investment and over £3.1M revenue while participating in the programme.
AI technology has the potential to transform industries delivering positive impacts for humans through a wider range of innovation areas; including Financial Services, Health Tech, Clean Tech, Legal Tech and AI for Good. As part of our mission to support entrepreneurship, the programme seeks to work with new AI scale-ups with high growth potential who:
- Offer next-generation solutions using AI technologies that are better, safer and cheaper than existing products.
- Are using innovative techniques to solve a known problem.
- Can make a difference now - ready to Scale within the next 6 months’.
- Open to all – local and international companies.
Successful applicants will have access to:
- A £7.5k grant
- Membership to the state-of-the-art Bayes Centre and Data Driven community
- A dedicated Accelerator Manager and 1-2-1 support
- Access to the University’s top academic and commercial expertise
- Links to investors, partners, mentors and business coaches through partnership with Scale Space - including in London
- A place in Edinburgh’s community of like-minded entrepreneurs
- Pipeline into Engage Invest Exploit 2021 - Scotland’s premier investment showcase event
- A tailored programme for AI scaleups - access to open source data platforms
- Access to recruit Edinburgh’s top data science talent
You can find out more about the accelerator's current cohort below.
Applications Open for next AI accelerator!
Applications are open for the next AI accelerator running from September to March 2022.
The Post-Covid AI Accelerator will be delivered both online and face to face by Edinburgh Innovations, the University of Edinburgh’s commercialisation arm, and the Bayes Centre, the University’s world-leading innovation hub for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
The Accelerator gives data driven scaleups the opportunity to harness the power of AI and bring about transformative change. To reach a wider UK scaleup community, we are delivering the Accelerator in partnership with London-based community Scale Space and with Nile’s strategic design support.
AI-focused entrepreneurs and businesses scaling up from anywhere in the UK and the world can apply now to take part in this 6-month Accelerator, running from September to March 2022.
Successful applicants will have access to:
- Workshops and dedicated mentors to support you in developing a wide range of business skills from sales and marketing to financial planning
- Access to University of Edinburgh’s world leading academic expertise and student talent
- A stipend of £9k per company with the chance to win additional funding
- Connections to investors and local and global networks
- Support from partners, likeminded peers and our dedicated programme team
- The opportunity to be a part of the Bayes Centre, the University of Edinburgh’s innovation hub for data science and artificial intelligence - including access to the centre’s incredible facilities, office space for six months and its inspirational and collaborative data driven community
- Links with Edinburgh’s Data Driven Innovation hubs, including the National Robotarium, the Usher Institute for population data science, Edinburgh Futures Institute, Easter Bush and Edinburgh International Data Facility.
Applications are open until 8th August.