You thought you were qualified but have been told that you are unqualified
Your qualifications may not meet our requirements, may not be recent enough or may not be accepted by the University.
If you have been told that you are unqualified, it may be that your application falls into one of the following situations:
- Many applicants apply without our General College Entry requirement of a GCSE/National 5 or equivalent in English.
- It may be that you do not meet or are not predicted to meet our minimum entry requirement. Therefore, unfortunately, we cannot offer you a place.
- We require recent accredited academic study within three years prior to entry. If you do not have recent academic qualifications then unfortunately we are unable to consider your application further.
- We do not accept your current qualifications for entry and therefore we cannot consider your application further.
- We do not accept your current subjects for entry. Please see the approved subjects for University entry listings for information on the qualifications we currently accept.
- You do not meet the subject specific entry requirements for the degree for which you have applied. Examples of degrees with specific requirements include Architecture, Business Studies, Economics, Languages, Music, and Psychology. Further information can be found in the online degree finder.