AHRC Cohort Development Funding
Information on the SGSAH Cohort Development Fund
The Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities Cohort Development Fund scheme allows the SGSAH Panels to support training initiatives directed towards supporting the disciplinary & interdisciplinary training needs of doctoral researchers in the Arts & Humanities.
The SGSAH Panel Cohort Development Fund aims to support SGSAH staff, students & institutions to work collaboratively to develop & improve doctoral training across Scotland, by funding them to:
- develop/deliver training that is not possible/viable for individual institutions & is in the vanguard of the field(s);
- develop/deliver training that is innovative in scope, subject &/or delivery model;
- lead the development of research training in their discipline(s);
- develop strong & sustainable peer networks among SGSAH staff & students;
- build capacity among the student body to identify, lead, manage &/or deliver their own training;
- develop students’ capacity in grant proposal writing.
Criteria for activities
- Demonstrably meeting the aim(s) set out above
- Potential for scalability/replicability
- Training events must include at least three SGSAH institutions in planning &/or delivery, with a single named lead Research Organisation
- Minimum of 10 students must benefit from proposed training (note that this does not apply for travel bursary applications)
- Must be open to all SGSAH students
They have increased flexibility on funding amounts, introduced two new types of funding – Collaborative Doctoral Training Network funding, & a small travel bursary scheme. There are now two deadlines for funding each year.
|Submission Deadline||10 November 2016||31 March 2017|
|Decisions available||19 December 2016||19 May 2017|