Postgraduate Research Student Office
Information about the Postgraduate Research Student Office
**Updated Information - A Message for PGR Students from the Dean of Postgraduate Education**
**UPDATED INFORMATION 01/04/2021 FOLLOWING COVID-19 ARRANGEMENTS**
Please note the PGR Student Office staff are working remotely and the building is not open. Students should not visit unless they have a pre-arranged appointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance on any PGR matter. With immediate effect all thesis submissions (examination copy and final award) should be made electronically only. Students should not submit any printed versions, unless there are special arrangements for their specific degree programme (eg Musical Composition). Please see Thesis Submission Guide for details. We realise this is a worrying time for students however PGR Student Office staff will endeavour to maintain a full service as best as possible at this time. Please contact us if you have any queries and we will assist as best possible via email.
Please see our other pages for specific information relating to Thesis submission, Examination and Concessions.
Please stay well - other Support Services such as Student Disability Office have detailed information to support students at this time. https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-disability-service/news-events/coronavirus-covid-19-update-on-support
The Postgraduate Research Student Office support Schools and students with all issues relating to student progression following admission until completion of study.
- We support the full PGR exam process from thesis submission until graduation.
- We provide guidance on and approve all PGR Concessions.
- We liaise with Schools on joint/collaborative research programmes.
- We administer, award and montior progression for scholarships and studentships for ESRC and AHRC.
- We provide advice for prospective PhD applicants to the College about sources of funding.
- We work with the PG Dean and support the College PG Studies Committee, Exams Committee & Scholarship Committee with representatives on the Research Experience Committee.
- We provide Academic and Professional Service Teams with advice on the academic governance relating to PGR study.