We offer support on research, knowledge exchange and funding
College Research Office
The College Research Office provides professional support to the Dean of Research, Associate Dean of Research, Knowledge Exchange and Impact, and a diverse community of Researchers and Research Administrators within its 11 Schools. The aim of the College Research Office is to foster and enhance research activity and coordinate and disseminate research policy information and good practice. We have a wide remit which includes:
- Working with the Dean of Research on the development, implementation, monitoring and dissemination of College research strategy and policies;
- Planning and organisation for compliance requirements including the Research Excellence Framework (REF), Open Access and Research Council UK Research Outcomes (Researchfish);
- Promotion of the University’s Research Information System, PURE, in the College to maximise impact and reputation and make our research as openly available as possible;
- Management of internal funds including the Challenge Investment Fund, Tweedie Fund and ad-hoc internal research funding opportunities;
- Servicing of Committees, including the College Research Committee, the College Ethics Committee, the Challenge Investment Fund and the Tweedie Exploration Fund for Students;
- Co-ordinate and convene monthly Research Administrator Forum meetings.
Based centrally at the University we aim to provide a point of contact for research-related issues in our remit, complementing the services provided by the various teams within Edinburgh Research and Innovation, the KE Office, the Finance Office and specialist, research-related central services.
Contact details for the College Research Office can be found in the "Contact us" button to the top right of this page.
College Knowledge Exchange Office
The Knowledge Exchange Office supports engagement with policy makers, practitioners, industry and the public, in order to enhance the impact of research beyond academia.
We help broker relationships with external organisations, and advise on good practice in engaging with partners and research users. If your research findings have potential for commercial application you should also speak to us.
We manage internal funding schemes for impact, including the ESRC Impact Acceleration Account. We also help develop pathways to impact and industry partnerships for external funding applications.
Contact details for the Knowledge Exchange office can be found in the "Contact us" button to the top right of this page.
Research Support Office
The Research Support Office supports the University's research activity. It is part of the Corporate Services Group (since 1 Feb 2016).
We work closely with support staff in Schools, Centres and Institutes to assist researchers find, apply for, and administer UK, EU and international grants.
Find out more about the support offered by the Research Support Office (some pages available to UoE staff and visitors only - EASE access required)