How to... Use social media to connect with knowledge users
Practical tips on using social media to engage people in your research
Using social media in a professional capacity allows you to:
- Interact with other academics undertaking similar research
- Discuss you research in a more informal environment and manner
- Publicise your outputs to a (potentially) global audience
- Develop new interactions and collaborations
- Gain immediate feedback on ideas
- Gather information about funding, events, conferences and other useful resources
- Share your work with a non-academic audience
This introduction, from Chris Berry, Knowledge Exchange and Impact Officer in SPS, is full of practical tips on how academic researchers can use social media to connect with knowledge users and other academics.
'Using Twitter in university research, teaching and impact activities'
From the LSE Public Policy Group
'Your favourite academic tweeters: lists available to browse by subject area' (including social sciences and arts & humanities)
From the LSE Impact Blog