How to... Engage with industry
A guide to engaging with industry, and information about support and funding available.
This guide is an introduction to industry engagement for academics. It provides some answers to most frequently asked questions and signposts you to further support.
Business development support in CAHSS
Your first point of contact is the Business Development Manager for CAHSS (currently on secondment - contact Anne Sofie Laegran until new appointment). Based in the Knowledge Exchange Office, and working closely with Edinburgh Innnovations Ltd, Anna offers advice and support with:
- Managing industry relationships, including putting you in touch with companies and organisations for collaboration
- Applications to funding schemes for industry collaboration
- Commissioned research from government or industry
- Studentships funded by industry or government
- Industry or government funded teaching/CPD
- Commercialisation through licensing and spin-out companies.
Contact Anne Sofie Laegran on firstname.lastname@example.org
Colleagues in the Business School should contact Douglas Graham on 0131 651 5969 or email@example.com.
Edinburgh Innovations Ltd
Edinburgh Innovations (EI) is dedicated to helping increase industry engagement & commercialise the University's research excellence.
View the expertise EI offer on their website.
Funding for industry engagement
There are several sources of funding for industry engagement.
- Innovation vouchers
- Construction Scotland Innovation Centre (CSIC)
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP)
- Innovate UK thematic funding calls
- Research Council Impact Acceleration Accounts
- CAHSS KE and Impact Grant
Find out more about funding and how to apply.