CAHSS Knowledge Exchange and Impact Grant
Small grants for projects to increase the impact of research through engaging with policy, practice, industry or community audiences .
CAHSS KE and Impact grants allow academics to engage with policy, practice, industry or community audiences to increase the impact of research through mutual exchange. Awards may also be made for developing a tool or resource based on research, where there is clear demand from users.
Projects must be linked to completed, ongoing or new research. In addition, they will have one or more of the following characteristics:
- Developing partnerships with public, private and/or third sector organisations
- Developing an income stream in the form of consultancy, licensing or CPD offerings
- Attracting co-funding from other sources
- Preparing the ground for further external knowledge exchange and research applications
- Having the potential for being included as impact case study for the Research Excellence Framework.
Grants will be between £2,000 and £3,000, but in special circumstances up to £5,000 may be awarded. Applications can be made for funding for the 2018-19 (to be spent by end of July) and 2019-20 financial year. If the project applied for runs over two financial years, applications need to specify how much funding is requested for each year.
There are two calls per academic year for this grant. The next upcoming deadline for 2018/19 will be 18th April 2019.
Next deadline: 18th April 2019
Please note that these are the deadlines for the applications to reach the College KE Office and that Schools will set their own deadlines, which may be one or two weeks before this.
How to apply
Please fill in the application form here:
You can find Guidelines for applicants, including information on eligibility and assessment criteria, here:
Please contact the Knowledge Exchange Office at KE.Office@ed.ac.uk with any queries before you submit your application to your school.