CAHSS Knowledge Exchange and Impact Grant
Small grants for projects to increase the impact of research through engaging with policy, practice, industry or community audiences .
CAHSS KE and Impact grants allow academics to engage with policy, practice, industry or community audiences to increase the impact of research through mutual exchange. Awards may also be made for developing a tool or resource based on research, where there is clear demand from users.
Projects must be linked to completed, ongoing or new research. In addition, they will have one or more of the following characteristics:
- Developing partnerships with public, private and/or third sector organisations
- Developing an income stream in the form of consultancy, licensing or CPD offerings
- Attracting co-funding from other sources
- Preparing the ground for further external knowledge exchange and research applications
- Having the potential for being included as impact case study in REF2020.
Grants will be between £2,000 and £3,000, but in special circumstances up to £5,000 may be awarded.
There are two calls per academic year for this grant. The deadlines for 2017/18 are 26 October 2017 and 26 April 2018
Next deadline: 26 April 2018
New procedure: please note that these are the deadlines for the applications to reach the College KE Office and that Schools will set their own deadlines, which may be one or two weeks before this.
How to apply
Please contact the Knowledge Exchange Office at KE.Office@ed.ac.uk with any queries before you submit your application to your school. The forms will be updated shortly.