Engage with us
Our researchers can work with you on collaborative projects, consultancy, commissioned research and CPD.
Why engage with researchers from the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences?
Working with our researchers could help you to:
- Address challenges and solve problems
- Create products
- Improve services
- Inform policy
- Develop your skills
- Build long-term collaborative relationships with researchers
Who should I contact?
Your first point of contact is the Business Development Manager in the CAHSS KE Office :
Clare offers advice and support with:
- Putting you in touch with researchers who can help
- Applications to funding schemes for university-industry collaboration
- Commissioning research
- Setting up an industry-funded studentship
- Setting up industry-fuding CPD or teaching
How can my organisation engage with researchers?
Collaborative research opportunities
Collaborative research opportunities allow you to work on a strategic issue with our researchers. There are opportunities available for full or match funding of such projects, involving academic staff and/or students.
- team you up with the appropriate research group
- identify funding opportunities
- help with funding applications
Consultancy and commissioned research
Academic staff from the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences can provide valuable expertise and services to government, local authorities and private companies.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships involve the forming of a partnership between a company or organisation (the company partner) and the academic institute (knowledge-base partner), enabling the organisation to access skills and expertise to help it undertake strategic growth projects. Each partnership employs one or more high calibre Associate (recent graduate) to facilitate this transfer of skills and expertise. The Associate works within the company/organisation on a project central to its needs and is jointly supervised by company personnel and a senior academic.
Tailored professional training
We can create tailored professional training to meet your requirements.
Is there any funding for my organisation to work with you?
Yes, there are several sources of funding for industry engagement.
- Innovation vouchers
- Construction Scotland Innovation Centre (CSIC)
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP)
- Innovate UK thematic funding calls
Looking for CPD or executive education opportunities?
Continuing Professional Development
We offer a diverse range of courses, allowing professionals to acquire new skills and giving them access to the latest knowledge in their field.
- Continuing Professional Development in the School of Education
- Continuing Professional Development in Health
- Online distance learning in Law