The University welcomes applicants with high school qualifications from Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)
HKDSE with four core subjects at Level 3 or above plus three elective subjects at Level 555.
Subject specific requirements
Where we ask applicants taking Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Highers and National 5s for specific subjects we will ask you for comparable subjects in your qualifications. All entry requirements are listed in the degree finder.
Degrees with subject specific requirements:
- Acoustics and Music Technology
- Business School degrees and joint degrees with Business
- Cognitive Science
- Economics, joint degrees with Economics and degrees which include Quantitative Methods
- Education degrees
- English/Scottish Literature and joint degrees with English/Scottish Literature
- Language* degrees and joint degrees with a Language (please note that for degrees that have a subject requirement of a language other than English, students may not use their own native language to meet this requirement. In these instances, English or an alternative language other than native will be acceptable)
- Law and joint degrees with Law
- Nursing Studies
- Psychology (BSc) and joint MA degrees with Psychology
- Social Work
*Please note that for programmes where a language is required at A level, the HKDSE is not suitable.
Applicants who have taken the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or GCE A levels should visit the degree finder for our minimum entry requirements.
Please note that some of our programmes are competitive, particularly those in the Business School, and so we may need to use additional selection criteria. If you have taken a qualification that is not listed, or have any further queries, then please contact us for further information.