College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences


Undergraduate entry requirements for students from China.

Qualifications we accept 

We consider a wide range of international high school qualifications for direct entry to our degree programmes.  


Applicants who have taken the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, A levels, Canadian high school qualifications or US standardised tests (SAT / AP / ACT) can apply for undergraduate study.   

You can find the entry requirements for each degree programme in the Undergraduate degree finder, or on the relevant country’s entry requirements pages: 

Undergraduate degree finder 

Entry requirements for students taking Canadian qualifications 

Entry requirement for students taking USA qualifications 


We do not accept the Chinese Senior High School Certificate for direct entry into Year 1 of our degree programmes, as this qualification does not meet our minimum entry requirements. 

Applicants with the Chinese Senior High School Certificate will need to complete further study for entry, such as the University of Edinburgh International Foundation Programme, or another appropriate Foundation Programme. 

University of Edinburgh International Foundation Programme 


Undergraduate enquiries 


Update to entry requirements webpages 

We updated these webpages on 26 October 2022 to make them clearer to understand. There may have been changes since the last time you checked them, however, all entry requirements for 2023 entry are set at the same level as previously published.