The College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences launched in 2014 a set of Awards to honour outstanding contributions by staff employed within CAHSS. There are six categories for the awards in 2017.
The College Recognition Awards are presented in six categories:
- Susan Manning Award for an Outstanding Mentor
- Award for Excellence in External Engagement
- Outstanding leadership
- Most effective University community-building initiative
- Most outstanding team
- Outstanding contribution to the student experience
There will be an Award for each category of £3,000, plus a certificate.
This can be used
- to fund professional development or added to a research grant
- lodged with the School/Office and used for attending conferences (in the UK or abroad)
- for paying for training, or perhaps a study visit abroad
- for purchasing a special piece of equipment, for instance
The runners-up in each category will each receive a certificate.
The closing date for 2017 applications was Friday 16 June 2017.
The Awards ceremony for 2017 was held on Thursday 28 September 2017 in the University's Teviot Debating Hall.
The Awards will be open to current academic and support staff employed in CAHSS (at the point of nomination).
They can be for staff on any grade, and cover work carried out within the previous 24 months.
The Awards can be for an individual or a team.
A member of staff who has just been rewarded in other ways for essentially the same case (with a lump sum, increment or promotion) should not be put forward.
Nominations can be made by staff or students.