Alumni Services

Replacement documents

You can order duplicate transcripts and replacement degree certificates online. Recent graduates can view and send the Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR).

Replacement documents

All official documentation is managed and by Student Administration. They should be contacted directly if you have any queries related to the information published below.

Contact Student Administration

Academic transcripts

For those who graduated before summer 2012 the documentation available varies depending on the degree held and the date of graduation. We will send you the appropriate version of your academic transcript. Your academic transcript will provide details of degree examinations passed, and, for certain categories of student, the grade and mark awarded.

Recent graduates can view and send their HEAR (transcript) electronically via the Alumni Portal.

Read more about ordering academic transcripts

Academic statements

Your academic statement will confirm the title of your degree, year of graduation and class of Honours (if applicable). A statement can only be issued to graduates. Graduates from 2012 onwards can view and send their academic statement electronically via the Electronic Document Service.

Read more about academic statements

Certified copies of degree certificates

We can provide certified copies of degree certificates for all University of Edinburgh graduates. You cannot order certified copies of your degree certificate unless you have the original document in your possession.

Read more about ordering certified copies of degree certificates

Replacement degree certificates

Duplicate degree certificates can be ordered as replacements for those stolen, damaged or lost. Please note that only one replacement can be ordered and certificates will only be sent directly to the applicant and not to a third party.

Read more about ordering replacement degree certificates

Third party verification

Student Administration can also confirm dates of attendance and degree classification of graduates for employers.

Electronic third party verification form

Document legalisation and verification

If you are going to use British documents overseas, for business or personal reasons, it is possible you will be asked to have your documents legalised before they can be accepted. This process is not carried out by the University but by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

Find out more about document legalisation and verification