Desperately seeking lost alumni
Project Postcard connected long lost friends from university but we need your help to find graduates who are lost to us as well.
Each summer thousands of new graduates leave the McEwan Hall and say fond farewells to each other, vowing to stay in touch.
Many will keep those promises, but over the years countless Edinburgh alumni have lost contact with those who were once among their closest friends.
A message from the past
In the summer of 2014 we launched an appeal, Project Postcard, to help reconnect alumni. 25,000 postcards were sent to far flung corners of the globe with an invitation to write a message to a long-lost friend and the promise we would do our best to forward the postcards to those former classmates or flatmates.
We need your help
Sadly we have not been able to trace all the intended recipients of the postcards returned to the University. Perhaps you know the whereabouts of one or more of the following alumni and could encourage them to contact us.
Postcards are waiting for the following people:
- Class of 1955
- Mr John Stirton (BSc Agriculture) (BSc Crop Husbandry 1956)
- Dr Robert Napier (BSc Agriculture) (PhD Science & Engineering 1961)
- Class of 1958
- Mr John Maclean (MA Mathematics & Natural Philosophy)
- Dr Nesta B Leduc (née James) (MBChB Medicine)
- Class of 1960
- Mr Ian F Stewart (MA History)
- Class of 1968
- Mrs Eleanor M Cornwall (née Wilson) (MA French)
- Class of 1970
- Mr Mark C Campbell (MA French)
- Class of 1971
- Dr Philip Harrison (BSc Pathology) (MBChB Medicine 1973)
- Class of 1980
- Dr Susan McKeon (née Lloyd) (PhD Medicine)
- Class of 1983
- Miss Sheena E Gordon (BCom Commerce General)
- Class of 1984
- Miss Helen Cameron (MA Spanish)
- Miss Margaret Quirk (MSc Arts)
- Class of 1986
- Miss Gillian M McKnight (MSc Science & Engineering)
- Class of 1993
- Miss Lucy Stringer (MA French)
- Mr Thomas Greenwood (MA Social Anthropology)
- Class of 1996
- Mr Stephen P Clarke (BVM&S Veterinary Medicine)
- Class of 2001
- Dr Kiran James Jobanputra (MBChB Medicine)
Can you help?
Do you know any of these people? Please contact us using the details below and help us connect long lost friends.