The Careers Service
All recent graduates have full access to the Careers Service. For older graduates the Service offers ongoing practical advice and information.
Recent graduates can use the Careers Service for two years after graduation. The services and facilities available during this period include:
- Online resources including guidance regarding career planning, job hunting and further study.
- MyCareerHub - the interactive online system which allows you to book appointments, find out about careers events, and see job vacancies - all in one place.
- Individual careers support including curriculum vitae (CV) creation, application writing and interview preparation.
- Telephone and email support for graduates who have left Edinburgh.
- A full and varied programme of careers events.
If it has been two or more years since you graduated, you can access support and guidance on the Careers Service website. There is a wealth of constantly updated information including advice on how to construct an effective CV and covering letter, how to prepare for aptitude tests and how to assess your business awareness.