Connect.ed is a secure and confidential online service that enables alumni to give careers advice to students and fellow alumni.
This is an informal yet confidential opportunity to share your professional knowledge and experience and help others who are interested in a similar career, or share an academic background. You can also use the service to get help and advice from fellow alumni wherever they are in the world.
Connect.ed uses the MyEd Alumni Portal as a secure platform for the service. You can use the Connect.ed facilities within the portal to:
- Register as an official Connect.ed contact and offer advice and guidance to students and alumni.
- Use the Connect.ed search to identify sources of wisdom and relevant professional insight.
- Filter based on occupation, sector, employer, school or location to find your perfect professional match.
- View profile information and send a Connect.ed request.
- Careers advice via Connect.ed is also available to 3rd, 4th and postgraduate students.
- Acceptance of a Connect.ed request is entirely at the discretion of the Connect.ed contact.
- Once a Connect.ed request is accepted an email conversation will start.
Sign up now via the MyEd Alumni Portal.
If you studied at the University after 2003 then you will be familiar with MyEd and you can use your existing username and password.
If you did not use MyEd as a student then you will need to set up a new account.
Navigate to the Careers section of the Alumni Portal where you can register as a contact or use the search facilities.
Help and support
Detailed information and support, including advice on writing your Connect.ed profile, can be found on the Careers Service website.