Continue to learn
If you're thinking about continuing your studies at Edinburgh, there are several options and opportunities available to you. Here you'll find information on postgraduate opportunities, discounts for alumni (including a 10% scholarship on tuition fees), online learning options, and free personal development courses.
The University of Edinburgh offers two tuition fee scholarship schemes for alumni of the University.
Graduate Scholarship Scheme
The University offers a 10% scholarship in postgraduate degree tuition fees for all alumni who have graduated with an undergraduate degree from the University of Edinburgh.
This 10% scholarship is only for alumni who commence programme in the 2020/21 academic session and will apply for the duration of the programme commenced.
Alumni (Visiting Undergraduate) Scholarship Scheme
The University also offers a 10% scholarship in postgraduate degree tuition fees for all students who have previously matriculated on a "Visiting Programme" as an undergraduate student and completed a minimum of one semester of study at the University of Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh offers a range of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
MOOCs are freely accessible and open-licensed short courses, delivered to large cohorts of learners fully online. To date, more than 2 million people have signed up to Edinburgh courses across a broad range of subject areas, and they form part of the University's commitment to knowledge exchange and community outreach.
Online learning has become a very popular mode to study at the University and there are several postgraduate avenues you can take. You can choose an online degree from a broad range of subject areas - including at masters, diploma or certificate level - or take a short credit-bearing course.
The access we are able to offer is:
· For Alumni graduating in 2021, 2020 and 2019;
· For the period Monday 19 July to Friday 03 September 2021;
· Main Library only;
· Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm and 1pm to 5pm; Saturday 12 noon to 5pm;
· Booked study visits only;
· One booking per day;
· Library book borrowing;
· eduroam wifi;
· Please note: computer use and Print/copy/scan to email services are available to 2021 graduates only.
How to request access:
· To request access to the Main Library please email email@example.com and provide your name, student number, year of graduation, preferred date of first visit (please give 3 working days’ notice).
· You will receive an auto reply identifying your request Call (ticket) number eg I210719-1234; further correspondence from the library will be by email via this Call.
· Library staff will respond to your request, and you will be invited to make a library membership appointment at New College Library at 40 George Square, Edinburgh, EH8 9JX.
· When you attend New College Library for your library membership appointment, please bring your student card (or other photo ID) and proof of current address. (e.g. utility bills, bank statements) - we will then be able to register you and produce your Alumni library card immediately. Your Alumni library card will give you access to the Main Library only.
· Library staff can advise you on making a booked study visit to the Main Library – this booking could be the same day as your library membership appointment.
How to make further bookings:
· Please note access is limited to the Main Library and all visits should be booked at least 24 hours in advance .
· 2021 graduates should book through the SeatEd booking system (Main Library only).
· 2020 and 2019 graduates should email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, student number, year of graduation, preferred date and time (morning or afternoon) of your intended visit(s) - please give at least 24 hours’ notice.
· You may book several visits on different days at the one time.
· Booking slots are available 9-1pm, and 1-5pm, Monday-Fridays; 12noon-5pm Saturday.
· One slot booking per day is permitted.
· You will be required to show your email booking confirmation to study space monitors on entry to the Main Library.
Keeping us all safe:
· Please view the information on Covid-19 safety on campus:
· Please follow the one way system and guidance displayed on signs in the Main Library.
· Face-coverings are required, unless exempt.
· Please use hand sanitisers and cleaning stations at study desks and maintain 2m social distancing.
· Library users not complying with regulations will be asked to leave.