Presentation and discussion
Senate hosts regular Presentation and Discussion sessions - all staff are invited
Each Ordinary meeting of Senate opens with a Presentation and Discussion session. The presentations are on key strategic themes and are intended to provide an opportunity for a wide and diverse group of staff to come together to discuss and comment on significant developments in learning, teaching and research.
Each Presentation and Discussion session runs for approximately 90 minutes, followed by tea and coffee.
Presentation and Discussion sessions are advertised via an all-staff email approximately three weeks in advance of the Senate meeting, and booking for non-Senate members is via MyEd Events.
Presentation and Discussion sessions are recorded - to request access to a recording please contact SenateSupport@ed.ac.uk
Presentation and Discussion themes 2020/21
- 7 October 2020 - Adaptation and Renewal: Student Issues
- 10 February 2021 - Adaptation and Renewal: Research and Innovation
- 2 June 2020 - Adaptation and Renewal: Reshaping and Estates & Digital Infrastructure
Previous presentation and discussion themes
- 2 October 2019 - Support for Early Career Researchers
- 5 February 2020 - Student Wellbeing, including outcomes of Review of Student Support; Enhancement-Led Institutional Review
- 27 May 2020 - Curriculum Review
- 3 October 2018 - Teaching and Academic Careers; the Accessible and Inclusive Learning Policy
- 6 February 2019 - The Research Excellence Framework; Refreshing the University's Strategic Plan; Student Experience Action Plan
- 29 May 2019 - Widening Participation
- 4 October 2017 - The Future of Distance Learning
- 7 February 2018 - Edinburgh in the City
- 30 May 2018 - Student Employability