We are continuously trying to improve the accessibility of our site. The work we do to fix accessibility issues will be listed on this page.
- Workshops started to help Editors audit and then improve the accessibility of Word and PDF documents.
The following fixes have been implemented:
- Where the 'Call to Action' button design was used and the button text was very long the content was presented off the page with a loss of information when magnified to the maximum browser level. The text now reflows correctly.
- The font colour of the link text and the background colour for homepage panels using the 'Bright Pink' colour theme was not of a sufficient contrast. Colours were adjusted to improve colour contrast.
- Align attribute removed from tables.
- There are instances of headings which have no content. These will no longer be rendered in page content.
- Some table headings had no content. This is now highlighted as an error to Editors and the page cannot be published until headings have been added.
- There was a bug in the system that left some empty links in page content. The links had no value. These will no longer be rendered in page content.
- The colour of the ellipsis text and the background colour for pagination controls were not of a sufficient contrast. This has now been adjusted.
- Added titles for iFrames that display video. Screen reader users use these to navigate and find relevant content.
- The font colour of the heading in the global footer was not a sufficient contrast with the background colour. It is large text but contrast should still be increased. Fix deployed to live website.
- The font colour of the link text and the background colour for the tabs on the search page was not of a sufficient contrast.
- Some custom content built outside the Content Management System did not have (or had the relevant attributes stripped out) labels correctly associated with the form field.
- Custom HTML asset form labels fixed on homepage
- Empty table headings issue fixed manually on 30 pages. Development work to fix this issue scheduled.
- Work started to identify other accessibility issues and listed within our accessibility statement