Sustainable Laboratories Steering Group
This committee provides expert guidance, directs the expanding remit of work associated with sustainable laboratories and links the sustainable laboratories agenda with University-wide strategic plans and objectives to ensure a coordinated approach.
The main purpose of the Steering Group is to provide expert guidance and direct the expanding remit of work associated with sustainable laboratories, ensuring that work is continued through a coordinated approach. The Steering Group brings together colleagues from across university academic schools and support groups with expertise in laboratory practices and systems. The Group:
- Provides expert guidance to the Programme Facilitator – Laboratories
- Contributes towards setting future objectives and monitoring progress
- Identifies funding opportunities to support sustainable laboratories work
- Achieves buy in from academic schools, support groups and research centres
- Links sustainable laboratories agenda with University-wide strategic plans and objectives.
Meetings and Papers
Learn more about sustainable laboratories
Labs use many times more energy and water per square metre than office spaces. Being conscious of your resource and energy use can make a big difference.