This event will explore the role of universities in tackling climate change, following the ratification of the Paris Climate Agreement.
A panel of key stakeholders from across the higher education will be asked to consider:
- Actions that universities can take across learning and teaching, research, and operations
- Responsibility of universities to ‘lead by example', and the impact they can have on policy and wider society
- Challenges the sector is likely to face
- Iain Patton, Chief Executive, Environmental Association of Universities and Colleges (EAUC)
- Dr Isla Myers-Smith, Chancellor’s Fellow, Global Change Research Group, School of GeoSciences
- Jamie Agombar, Head of Sustainability, National Union of Students (NUS)
- Mike Elm, Vice Chair, 2050 Group
- Dave Gorman, Director, Department for Social Responsibility & Sustainability, University of Edinburgh (chair)
The event is part of the Visions for Change Lecture series.
The University of Edinburgh has committed to become zero carbon by 2040. Find out more about Zero by 2040.