Staff and students from across the University are invited to participate in the Social Responsibility & Sustainability workshop on Wednesday 13th April.
Chaired by Professor Lesley McAra, Assistant Principal Community Engagement, and Dave Gorman, Director of Social Responsibility & Sustainability Department, this is an opportunity to explore the current progress and identifying next steps on key social responsibility & sustainability issues affecting the University of Edinburgh.
The session will be delivered in a World Café format, where attendees will move between a series of tables examining a broad range of topics (details outlined below). Each table will be facilitated by specialists from within the University. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in at least three of the following:
- Energy, Climate and Carbon: Receive updates on what we’re currently doing to improve energy efficiency across the University, and work with us to plan for the future. Facilitator: Rab Calder, Energy & Utilities Manager, Estates
- Resource Efficiency: Hear about Circular Economy on campus, reuse, and avoiding waste, and how you can be involved. Facilitator: Sophie Rippinger, Waste Contract Officer, Estates
- Fair Trade and SRS in Supply Chains: Understand more about our commitments to fair trade and SRS in the University’s supply chains. Facilitator: Stuart McLean, Category Team Manager, Procurement
- Food: We’ll be sharing the draft University Good Food Policy as well as updating on what’s already happening in our food sourcing and provision. Facilitator: Isabel Fletcher, School of Law, & member of Food Researchers in Edinburgh (FRIED)
- SRS in Learning and Teaching: Join a discussion about how to embed sustainability and social responsibility into curriculum. Facilitator: Shirley McLauchlan, Edinburgh College of Art
- Community Engagement: The University will soon release its Community Engagement Strategy. Facilitator: Moira Gibson, Head of External Relations
- Disability and Accessibility: Understand more about the Staff Disability Policy and supporting framework which is currently under development. Facilitator: Danny Higginson, Staff Disability Officer, Human Resources
This workshop is open to all interested staff and students.
- 09:30: Registration, tea/coffee will be available on arrival
- 10:00: Welcome and introductions
- 10:30: World Café style workshop
- 12:30: Light lunch and networking
Following the lunch we the annual Sustainability Awards will take place in the Conference Room (1:15 - 2:15pm).