The University undertook a 6-week public consultation on its Gaelic Language Plan throughout June and July 2012.
22 responses were received from the following stakeholders:
- Member of the public – 10
- University of Edinburgh staff – 4
- Member of another Higher Education Institution – 3
- Member of another organisation – 3
- University of Edinburgh students – 2
19 responses were sent in English, 2 responses were sent in Gaelic, and 1 response was sent bilingually.
The University’s Gaelic Language Plan Working Group met on 1 August 2012 to discuss the responses to the consultation. Responses to the consultation were overall very positive and a number of changes were made. The Plan was then formally signed off by the Principal & Vice-Chancellor (on behalf of the University Court), before being submitted to Bòrd na Gàidhlig on 24 August 2012. Responses to the consultation are available below.