News and Updates
Videos of news and updates provided in BSL.
Student Support Fair: Friday 13th January 2023
The University of Edinburgh's Student Support Fair returns to McEwan Hall on Friday 13th January 2023. this event is an opportunity for students to attend and meet with staff from various central support services. A BSL/English interpreter has been booked for this event so if you require communication support then come along and find the interpreter at the DLSS stall. More information can be found on the dedicated Student Support Fair webpage.
- Video: SSF BSL Edit Website Captioned
- A lady wearing a grey top is signing in BSL to the camera information about an upcoming event, with the university branding as the background.
- International Day of Sign Languages 2022
To celebrate International Day of Sign Languages, we share an update on how barriers faced by deaf staff and students in higher education are being identified and broken down. An Edinburgh Impact news piece has more on this: A sign of change
- Welcome Week 2022: 12th - 18th September 2022
The University of Edinburgh has published a recording of Principal Prof Peter Mathieson's Welcome Ceremony 2022 which has British Sign Language (BSL) interpretation and captions.
- Sign Language Week 2022:
Staff at the University of Edinburgh are pleased to be supporting Sign Language Week 2022, which runs between 14 - 20 March 2022! Please have a look at our dedicated webpage for a variety of videos, information and resources which might be of interest to you!
You can access the Welcome Ceremony 2021 with BSL translation by clicking this link.
- An update from our BSL Officer, Alison, on some of the work that has progressed from the University's BSL Plan over the last few months.
- Video: July 2021 update
- Update of BSL Plan in BSL July 2021
- Student Disability Service (SDS): About us | The University of Edinburgh
- Complaints procedure: Procedure | The University of Edinburgh
- Sport and Exercise - Individual Performance Programme: Individual Performance Programme | The University of Edinburgh
- BSL Awareness training for staff: BSL Awareness training | The University of Edinburgh
- this can be accessed via MyEd (EASE log in required)
- Summer School for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students (10th and 11th August 2021): Summer School | The University of Edinburgh
- Careers Service: Disability and mental health | The University of Edinburgh
- scroll down to find the link for BSL videos of ATW
- BSL Session at the Open Day, March 2021: Postgraduate Virtual Open Days Recordings: 23-25 March | The University of Edinburgh
- scroll through the playlist and look for 'Supporting BSL-using students'
(published on 2nd August 2021)
- Video: November 2020 update
- BSL translation of updates on action points from BSL Plan.
- Bilingualism Matters - https://www.bilingualism-matters.ppls.ed.ac.uk/internati.../
- Edinburgh Culture Conversations - https://www.ed.ac.uk/.../edinburgh-culture-conversations
- Edinburgh University Sports Union Facebook post - https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2867250090160442
- Edinburgh University Sports Union Twitter post - https://twitter.com/UoESportsunion/status/1311302367187480577?s=20
- University of Edinburgh COVID19 updates - https://www.ed.ac.uk/news/covid-19
(published 2nd November 2020)