Regular walking can improve your health, save you money and reduce your environmental impact.
Walking regularly can help you to:
- keep fit - moderate activity for half an hour each day will help you lose weight.
- save money - you don't have to pay to walk, unlike taking public transport or driving.
- save time - by walking, you don't have to spend time in traffic or finding a parking space.
- help the environment - walking to work has a zero carbon footprint.
- feel better - being in a car exposes you to around 25% more pollution than if you are walking.
- live longer - by incorporating physical activity into your life you will reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, obesity, respiratory disease and diabetes.