Visas and immigration

You may need to apply for a student visa to enter the UK.

If you are from a country in the European Union
you don’t need a visa
If you are from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland
you don’t need a visa

Students from all other countries are required to apply for a student visa.

What type of visa do I apply for?

The type of visa you get depends on your length of study. Students studying on a course for less than 6 months can choose to enter the UK as a ‘Student Visitor’

For courses of 6 months or more, you need a Tier 4 General visa.

How to apply?

You can check on how and where to apply by following this link:

It is important that you apply in good time and prepare your application carefully, ensuring that you have all the necessary documentation.

More guidance on visas

Accessibility menu