Course and degree finder
Apply for this Degree
Select your programme and preferred start date to begin your application.
MSc Policy Studies - 1 Year (Full-time)
MSc Policy Studies - 2 Years (Part-time)
Information on fees & costs
Individual programme fees are linked above. For detailed information on fee status, policies, payment and funding opportunities see:
- Contact information
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
Phone: +44 (0) 131 651 3064/5074
- Dr Daniel Clegg (Programme Director)
Phone: +44 (0)131 650 3998
- Address: The Graduate School of Social and Political Science
Chrystal Macmillan Building
15a George Square
All applicants must meet our general entry and language requirements. Detailed advice for international students is available here:
The degree aims to provide:
- an advanced understanding of political, economic and social contexts of policy-making across a wide range of policy-relevant areas
- skills to analyse and research policy decisions and outcomes in a wide range of areas
- an educational setting where students from various backgrounds learn from the policy experience of their own and each other\'s nations
- a recognised qualification relevant to professional work in social and public policy research and practice.
You will study the workings of the public sector and related policy areas in Britain and other states. The course provides a valuable introduction to policy analysis to students from across the world.
Taught courses generally combine lectures and seminar discussions. Work on the 15,000-word dissertation involves independent supervised research.
Graduates will obtain:
- a sound knowledge of theories, principles and political and economic contexts of policy-making
- the ability to use different quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- detailed understanding of substantive areas of social and public policy
Please see Scholarships and Student Funding Services for information about funding opportunities:
This article was published on Apr 25, 2013