Mature students may wish to return to formal education and may do so from a number of different points of origin.
A few common examples might include:
- SWAP Access programmes
- HNC/D candidates
- Credit for Entry programmes
- Other Access programmes
There are three main stages you will need to work through if you're thinking of coming to University as a mature student:
- The pre-application months
- Arrange a visit to campus.
- Find out which qualifications you will need for entry.
- Find out when to apply for the degree you want to study.
- The application procedure
- Learn how to apply through UCAS.
- Learn about the importance of the personal statement.
- Find out what financial support you could be eligible for.
- Decision time
- Accept the right offer for you.
- Find out how your life as an undergraduate student will change.
This article was published on Sep 20, 2013