The Study Abroad programme allows students taking an undergraduate degree elsewhere to spend a year or a semester at the University of Edinburgh.
- This is a very flexible programme, you can choose to study in Semester 1, Semester 2 or the full academic year.
- We offer a huge range of courses for Study Abroad students, with no fixed study programmes. The only thing limiting your course selection is whether you meet the course entry requirements. Your studies in Edinburgh can count towards your final degree at your home university. Check out the Course Finder:
- Course Finder
- Great housing
- So long as you apply by the deadline, you're guaranteed an offer of a room. University accommodation is varied. Most rooms are single occupancy. All accommodation is in walking distance to the University campus. For more information, please visit our University Accommodation website:
- University Accommodation
- All Study Abroad students are integrated with the students on full degree programmes. You'll have the opportunity to meet local and international students on your courses.
Can I study at Edinburgh?
There are different options depending on whether you come from a country in the European Union (EU) or not.
- EU students can only apply to the University of Edinburgh if there is an Erasmus exchange agreement in place
Study dates & Tuition fees
|Full Academic Year
||September to May
|Semester 1 (Fall)
||September to December
|Semester 2 (Spring)
||January to May
You will find the Semester Dates on the University Calendar:
- A good academic record (US students should have a GPA of 3.0 or over on a 4.0 scale)
- A good academic reference from your home institution
- If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your written and spoken English skills
How can I apply?
For more information on the application process, including application deadlines and a step-by-step guide check out: