To qualify for the undergraduate part-time fee waiver scheme, you must meet several criteria.
Applicants for the part-time fee waiver scheme must:
- be Scottish domiciled
- be studying part-time
- be following a programme of study that is credit-bearing at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) level 7 or above
- meet least one of the Additional criteria set out below
You must meet at least one of the following:
(a) Your family is in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit
- Pension Credit
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
(b) Your family’s sole income is Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) benefits.
(c) Your family’s income is lower than the threshold for receiving income support
(d) You are in receipt of:
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Attendance Allowance
- Incapacity Benefit
- Carer’s Allowance
- Contributory Employment and Support Allowance
Definition of 'family'
Here ‘family’ is defined as any of the following:
- a mature single student
- a married or unmarried couple
- a couple in a civil partnership
- a married/unmarried couple/couple in a civil partnership with dependent children
- a lone parent with dependent children
Please contact us for an application form and further information.