One scholarship is available for postgraduate full-time one year Masters study for eligible programmes offered by the University.
The scholarship will have a value of £21,200 and will be tenable for one academic year. The scholarship will cover tuition fees of up to £21,200 with any surplus paid as a stipend.
The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis on one of the listed eligible Human Medical programmes.
- MSc (by Research) Biomedical Sciences
- MSc (by Research) Cardiovascular Biology
- MSc Human Anatomy
- MSc (by Research) Integrative Neuroscience
- MMedSci Medical Sciences
- MPH Public Health
- MSc Regenerative Medicine: Clinical and Industrial Delivery
- MSc (by Research) Reproductive Sciences
- MSc Science Communication and Public Engagement
Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
It is hoped that students would wish to return to the Developing World on completion of their studies where their work and furthered medical studies will benefit the area.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Guinea Bissau
- Ivory Coast
- Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Republic of Moldova
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a UK first-class honours degree.
This award is now closed. We are no longer accepting applications for the 2016-2017 academic session.
The successful candidate will be announced in July 2016.