Introduced in 2016 as a way to recognise and celebrate staff contributions that have made significant impact in the College of Science and Engineering (CSE). They aim to provide a high-profile mechanism to share good practices within CSE.
2017 Prizes (including three new categories)
- Outreach Prize: will recognise excellence in any area of outreach in CSE.
- Team Prize: will recognise outstanding examples of team work in promoting any area of science and engineering in teaching, research, innovation or outreach.
- Inclusion and Diversity Prize: will recognise individuals and team in CSE who have contributed towards the advancement of diversity in STEM
- Lifetime Achievement Prize: will recognise exceptional service over a period of years to any facet of CSE activity – typically at least 15 years.
New Prize categories for 2017:
- Industry Engagement Prize: will recognise significant achievement in engaging industry in research or teaching.
- Best Student Ambassador for College Prize: will recognise exceptional individual contribution to supporting student learning.
- Best Contribution to the Student Experience Prize: will recognise outstanding contribution to improving the student experience within CSE.
Nominations are encouraged from both support and academic staff within the College and its affiliates. The prize winning entry in every category will be awarded £500 and a trophy.
Proposals can be self-nominated or nominated by a colleague or School and should be submitted on the appropriate nomination form below.
Outreach Prize Nomination Form (secured)
Team Prize Nomination Form (secured)
Inclusion and Diversity Prize Nomination Form (secured)
Lifetime Achievement Prize Nomination Form (secured)
Industry Engagement Prize Nomination Form (secured)
Best Student Ambassador for College Prize Nomination Form (secured)
Best Contribution to the Student Experience Prize Nomination Form (secured)
The Selection Committee (Head of College, College Registrar, HR representative) will base their evaluations primarily on the overall quality of relevant contributions and not simply on quantitative measures. The following aspects will be considered:
- Examples of service in award area
- Impact of contributions
- Any other indicators of success or positive outcome.
The deadline for nominations is 31 March 2017.