- Mr Mark Potter
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer
- Colorectal UnitWestern General Hospital, Edinburgh
- Work: 0131 537 1623 (Clinical Secretary)
Mr Potter’s educational qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), University of Edinburgh, 1990
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB Hons), University of Edinburgh, 1990
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) University of Edinburgh, 2000
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), England, 1994
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS Gen), 2002
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST), Coloproctology, 2002
Appointments and activities
Mr Potter's thesis was in the early detection of cancer by molecular techniques. He is currently developing a practice in interventional colonoscopy and laparoscopic colorectal surgery.
He completed his MD degree on "An evaluation of whole gut lavage fluid for the detection of colorectal cancer using molecular techniques".
A list of Mr Potter’s publications is available from the PubMed.gov website.
This article was published on Apr 4, 2011