- Mr Ian E Young
- Consultant Surgeon
- Edinburgh Breast UnitWestern General Hospital, Edinburgh & Queen Margaret Hospital, Dunfermline.
- Work: 0131 537 2468 (Mrs F Porter, Clinical Secretary, Western General Hospital)
- Work: 01383 623623 Extension: 3701 (Ms L Walker, Clinical Secretary, Queen Margaret Hospital)
Mr Young’s educational qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB), University of Edinburgh, 1992
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCSEd), Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1996
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), University of Edinburgh, 2003
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCSEd GenSurg), Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2004
Appointments and activities
Mr Young was an undergraduate in Edinburgh. He undertook the majority of his basic surgical training on the South East of Scotland rotation. This was followed by full-time laboratory research in the University of Edinburgh Department of Pathology, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh.
He then moved to higher surgical training in the West of Scotland as a clinical lecturer in surgery, University of Glasgow.
He was appointed as a consultant in breast surgery in 2005.
A list of Mr Young’s publications is available from the PubMed.gov website.
This article was published on Aug 31, 2011