The history of the School of Surgery, the Chair of Clinical Surgery, and surgical teaching and research in Edinburgh.
Details of our history are available to download as PDFs.
The School grew out of the 1505 Incorporation of Barbers and Surgeons in Edinburgh.
Eleven people have held the Chair of Clinical Surgery since its establishment in 1802.
The origins of surgical teaching and research, both of which are now located at the Little France site in Edinburgh.
This article was published on Mar 19, 2012