Details of the remit of the Student Disability Committee's Specific Learning Difficulties (Spld) Sub Group as well as links to information on the Group's membership and meeting minutes.
- To raise awareness across the University of issues relating to learning difficulties and disseminate good practice
- To ensure good practice in relation to making all aspects of University life and curricula accessible for students with specific learning difficulties
- To specifically consider, develop and advise on procedures and arrangements for examinations and assessed coursework for students with specific learning difficulties
- To be aware of relevant disability legislation
- To support the Dyslexia Advisors and the Student Disability Service
- To make recommendations, advise and report regularly to the Disability Committee and foster wider discussion of issues
This article was published on Feb 1, 2012