Details of the remit of the Student Disability Committee's Accessible Information Working Group as well as links to information on the Group's membership and meeting minutes.
- To ensure that all information produced by the University of Edinburgh is, or can be made to be, accessible to all disabled people.
- To outline areas for priority action.
- To gather together relevant examples of existing good practice from external and internal organisations (including advice and guidelines).
- To produce SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timebound) project objectives, workplan and timescales.
- To produce a set of "corporate" guidelines on accessible information.
- To publicise and market these guidelines to key stakeholders, encouraging "buy-in" and cascading down of good practice.
- To establish evaluation mechanisms for future to monitor and evaluate progress.
This article was published on Jan 31, 2012