The Pleasance gym has three dedicated free weights training rooms designed for training at various levels.
Additionally, there are some lighter free weights in our Circuits gym.
Free Weights: Vaults
Our FW Vaults gym (pictured above) is provisioned with 45 state-of-the-art bench weights stations housed over two vaulted cellars. This area features:
- 36 power-lift benches
- Ivanko dumb-bells; 6-70 kilogrammes
- Six power-lifting platforms
- Two Pullum cable machines
Free Weights: Olympic
Our Free Weights: Olympic gym offers the ultimate in strength training:
- International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) approved Olympic competition bars and plates
- Olympic benches and cages
- Four power racks
- Six Olympic lifting platforms
- Chin/dip station
Our Circuits gym provides numerous items of training equipment including free weights:
- Dumbbells: 1-12.5 kilogrammes
- Barbells: 4-25 kilogrammes
How to book
None of these areas are bookable spaces. However, if you or your group have specific training needs please contact the Client Services Team.
- Sports Centre Client Services Team
- Sport & Exercise
- 46 Pleasance
- EH8 9TJ
- The Vaults can be accessed via a lift.
- FW1 Olympic is fully accessible directly on the ground floor.
- The Circuits gym is on the third floor and can only be accessed by stairs.
This article was published on Apr 22, 2015