Student membership options
The Centre for Sport and Exercise offers discounted memberships to University of Edinburgh (UoE) students.
Student memberships are based around the academic year with full, off peak, semester 1, semester 2 and summer memberships on offer. Matriculated students of institutions other than UoE are only eligible for a special off peak membership.
Prices valid from 1 August 2014
UoE student membership prices
|Off peak - full upgrade||£41.00|
|Semester 1 - full upgrade||£53.00|
|Semester 2 - early bird offer *||£71.00|
* Includes membership for remaining period of Semester 1.
Non UoE student membership prices
* This offer is only available for a limited period at the start of the academic year.
Available 01 August 2014 - 31 August 2015 giving unrestricted access.
Off peak membership
Available 01 August 2014 - 31 August 2015 giving limited access to classes and facilities (Monday - Friday 07.00 - 14.30 and all weekend).
Off peak - full upgrade
Available 01 August 2014 - 31 August 2015 only to existing off peak members.
Semester 1 - full upgrade
Available 01 until 23 December 2014 to existing semester 1 members only.
Semester 2 membership
Available 05 January 2015 - 22 May 2015 giving unrestricted access.
"Early bird" offer now available
Semester 2 memberships are available to purchase from 13 November 2014 - this will include membership for the remainder of Semester 1.
Climbing Wall membership is available, at an additional cost, as a bolt-on to gym memberships.
Please note that the duration of the bolt-on must match the duration of your gym membership.
Full details and pricing
How to apply
Applying for a CSE membership is very straightforward and should take only a few minutes.
- Membership applications should be made in person at CSE Reception.
- You will be required to fill out and sign a one page application form.
- Before signing your application form please make sure that you have read the terms and conditions of membership on it's reverse.
- To process your application without delay, please ensure you have all the relevant documentation required to process your membership.
- Please allow up to three days for your card to be enabled.
- You will be able to access all facilities immediately, using your receipt as temporary proof of membership.
University of Edinburgh matriculated student
- Bring your matriculation card with you - once enabled, this will become your membership card
University of Edinburgh visitor card holders
University of Edinburgh visitor card holders must provide the following as proof of eligibility:
- A valid University visitor card
- A headed letter from your Head of Department confirming your contract details. Please include the following information:
- Your name and card number (the 16 digit number along the bottom of your card)
- Contract details:
- The course you are studying or department you are working for
- The commencement and end dates of your University of Edinburgh contract or course
- The signature of your Head of Department
- A departmental stamp
University of Edinburgh non-matriculated student
- You cannot apply for a membership until you have been issued with a valid University of Edinburgh matriculation card.
- Please contact card services for further information.
Non University of Edinburgh student
- Bring your matriculation card with you as confirmation of your student status.
- The photograph for your membership card will be taken when you submit your application.
Disclosure of access data
Members are advised that proximity and swipe access data collected onsite may be disclosed to third parties for security purposes where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Renewing your membership
Renewing your CSE membership is very similar to your initial application and should only take a few minutes.
- Renewal applications should be made in person at CSE Reception.
- You should apply when your current membership expires.
- You will be required to fill out and sign a new one page application form.
- You will need to provide evidence to support your renewal application as appropriate.
This article was published on Feb 18, 2014