Student membership options
Sport & Exercise offers discounted memberships to University of Edinburgh (UoE) students.
Student memberships are based around the academic year with full, off peak, semester 1, semester 2 and summer memberships on offer. Matriculated students of institutions other than UoE are only eligible for a special off peak membership.
Prices valid from 01 August 2015
UoE student membership prices
|Full academic year membership to 31 August 2016 ||£109.00|
|Off peak* academic year membership to 31 August 2016 ||£60.00|
|Semester 1 membership to 20 December 2015||£74.00|
|Off peak to full upgrade ||£44.00|
*Off peak membership
Gives limited access to classes and facilities (Monday - Friday 06.30 - 14.30 and all weekend).
Non UoE student membership prices
* This offer is only available for a limited period at the start of the academic year.
Climbing Wall membership is available, at an additional cost, as a bolt-on to gym memberships.
Please note that the duration of the bolt-on must match the duration of your gym membership.
Full details and pricing
How to apply
Applying for a Sport & Exercise membership is very straightforward and should take only a few minutes.
- Membership applications should be made in person at Sport & Exercise Pleasance Reception.
- You will be required to fill out and sign a one page application form.
- Before signing your application form please make sure that you have read the terms and conditions of membership on it's reverse.
- To process your application without delay, please ensure you have all the relevant documentation required to process your membership.
- Please allow up to three days for your card to be enabled.
- You will be able to access all facilities immediately, using your receipt as temporary proof of membership.
University of Edinburgh matriculated student
- Bring your matriculation card with you - once enabled, this will become your membership card
University of Edinburgh visitor card holders
University of Edinburgh visitor card holders must provide the following as proof of eligibility:
- A valid University visitor card
- A headed letter from your Head of Department confirming your contract details. Please include the following information:
- Your name and card number (the 16 digit number along the bottom of your card)
- Contract details:
- The course you are studying or department you are working for
- The commencement and end dates of your University of Edinburgh contract or course
- The signature of your Head of Department
- A departmental stamp
University of Edinburgh non-matriculated student
- You cannot apply for a membership until you have been issued with a valid University of Edinburgh matriculation card.
- Please contact card services for further information.
Non University of Edinburgh student
- Bring your matriculation card with you as confirmation of your student status.
- The photograph for your membership card will be taken when you submit your application.
Disclosure of access data
Members are advised that proximity and swipe access data collected onsite may be disclosed to third parties for security purposes where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Renewing your membership
Renewing your Sport & Exercise membership is very similar to your initial application and should only take a few minutes.
- Renewal applications should be made in person at Sport & Exercise Pleasance Reception.
- You should apply when your current membership expires.
- You will be required to fill out and sign a new one page application form.
- You will need to provide evidence to support your renewal application as appropriate.
This article was published on Apr 30, 2015