Staff membership options
The Centre for Sport and Exercise offers discounted memberships to University of Edinburgh staff.
Staff memberships are available in one, three, six or 12-month options and are also available to Edinburgh Research and Innovation (ERI) staff. Direct Debit is available as a payment option for 12-month memberships only.
Prices valid from 1 August 2012
|1 month||3 months||6 months||12 months||12 months (Direct Debit)|
|£48.00 initial payment|
|9 x £16.00 monthly instalments|
How to apply
Applying for a CSE membership is very straightforward and should take only a few minutes.
- Membership applications should be made in person at CSE Reception.
- You will be required to fill out and sign a one page application form.
- Before signing your application form please make sure that you have read the terms and conditions of membership on it's reverse.
- To process your application without delay, please ensure you have all the relevant documentation required to process your membership.
- Please allow up to three days for your card to be enabled.
- You will be able to access all facilities immediately, using your receipt as temporary proof of membership.
University of Edinburgh staff
- Bring your University Staff Card - once enabled, this will become your membership card.
- Staff members paying for membership by Direct Debit should provide their home address and staff number on the mandate form.
University of Edinburgh visitor card holders
University of Edinburgh visitor card holders must provide the following as proof of eligibility:
- A valid University visitor card
- A headed letter from your Head of Department confirming your contract details. Please include the following information:
- Your name and card number (the 16 digit number along the bottom of your card)
- Contract details:
- The course you are studying or department you are working for
- The commencement and end dates of your University of Edinburgh contract or course
- The signature of your Head of Department
- A departmental stamp
Edinburgh Research & Innovation staff
- Bring a letter from Edinburgh Research and Innovation confirming employment and your staff card which will become your membership card.
Paying by Direct Debit
Why not spread the cost of your CSE membership by paying in instalments? Direct Debit is now available as a payment option for selected 12-month membership types including those for staff, graduates and members of the public.
A mandate form plus full terms and conditions is included in our Direct Debit info pack.
Direct Debit info pack
By completing a Direct Debit mandate form you are signing up to a twelve month contract.
If you cancel your Direct Debit instruction within your twelve month membership period the outstanding balance on your membership will become due immediately.
Please read your Direct Debit info pack carefully.
Renewing your membership
Renewing your CSE membership is very similar to your initial application and should only take a few minutes.
- Renewal applications should be made in person at CSE Reception.
- You should apply when your current membership expires.
- You will be required to fill out and sign a new one page application form.
- You will need to provide evidence to support your renewal application as appropriate.
This article was published on Jul 31, 2011