Ongoing development of facilities and services for students and staff at KB is an important strand of College Strategy, supported by Information Services and Estates and Buildings.
The triple objectives for the 2008-2012 phase of development were to:
- Provide high quality library facilities at KB, fit for purpose to reflect modern library usage - i.e. alongside excellent online access to journals, the physical provision to focus on well-used collections, study facilities, integrated information services and long opening hours which can only be achieved through co-location.
- Ensure that, on the Campus overall, the quality and variety of generally available study spaces are greatly improved with no decrease in the number of seats.
- Make better use of the pleasant green environment at the centre of the Campus by starting to develop facilities which will make it a “living heart”.
The key projects were/are
- Learning & Teaching Cluster (phase 1) in JCMB, completed summer 2009
- Learning and Teaching Cluster (phase 2) in JCMB, completed summer 2010
- KB Library Store (Darwin Library lower floor), scheduled summer 2011
- New KB Library, scheduled to complete summer 2012
- Upgrade of KB Centre, scheduled summer 2012
- Upgrade/re-modelling of upper floor of the current Darwin Library scheduled summer 2012
This article was published on Apr 15, 2011