Centenary and History of the KB Campus

The purchase of land in the West Mains Farm area of Edinburgh in 1919 paved the way for a much needed expansion of the science facilities of the University of Edinburgh.

Prior to 1924 when the Joseph Black Building was opened, sciences and engineering subjects were taught in a variety of locations in the central campus.

An excellent account of the history of Science and Engineering at the University of Edinburgh was produced in a 1994 book by Ron Birse to commemorate the centenary of the Faculty of Science and Engineering 1893-1993.

muriel gray
Related links

Accessibility menu