Core events list
There will be no charge for core University activities taking place during normal opening hours of buildings.
Core activities have been defined by the University’s Space Management Group and are listed below.
- Teaching (UG and PG)
- Examinations (of all types)
- Graduations and similar ceremonies and associated events, receptions etc.
- Open Days and Visiting Days and other recruitment or school liaison events
- Careers Fairs and similar events
- Student Registration and induction events
- EUSA activity (including Freshers’ week and student society/sports club bookings)
- Inaugural Lectures
- Credit/Non-Credit bearing courses organised by Office of Lifelong Learning
- Careers Office
- Student Recruitment and Admissions Office events such as Access courses
- Internal research seminars, projects and meetings, also including shared or reciprocal arrangements with other institutions
- Staff seminars
- Administrative meetings including those shared or reciprocal arrangements
- Staff retiral and memorial events
- Events hosted by the Principal’s Office,C&M, D&A, Protocol Office, College Offices
- Student conferences
- Activities of the General Council, the Graduates Association, the University’s Women’s Club and the University Retired Staff Association
This article was published on Feb 29, 2012