The Estates & Buildings office Recycling and Waste section is co-ordinating this facility to help allow redundant equipment to be advertised, and exchanged or sold between departments, within the University.
The aims of this facility are:
- To reduce the deterioration of capital equipment through lying in disuse.
- To reduce the amount of waste created through redundant equipment being discarded.
- To enable departments to recover some of their outlay on equipment that is no longer needed.
- To reduce the necessity for money and resources to be expended on buying new items which may already be available within the University.
- To comply with the WEEE Regulations.
Follow the links for further information and guidance.
This article was published on May 24, 2010