Board of Studies is the forum in which decisions regarding undergraduate courses and academic policy are taken.
- All academic staff appointed to teach courses leading to the award of a degree offered by the School.
- Student representatives.
- External representatives from Boards of Studies in other Schools.
- Representatives from The Office of Lifelong Learning.
- Library representative.
All academic staff in the School are invited to attend Board of Studies, but one named member from each subject area in the School is expected to attend (core members).
- Consideration and approval of new and revised undergraduate programmes and courses and deletion of courses.
- Board of Studies may be asked through College Undergraduate Studies Committee to consider and respond to academic policy matters and, on their own initiative, may consider and report on any academic matter.
- Consideration of cross-School and cross-College curriculum developments.
- Validation of Continuing Education (Office of Lifeong Learning) courses.
This article was published on Sep 24, 2009