- "Space, time and heritage: The market for a Japanese monastery". A workshop on 'Guided Experience'. 15 Feb 2013, IASH, The University of Edinburgh
- "Tucked Away in a Quiet Corner: The Multivalence of oku' Major 'Booms' and Minor Trends in Modern Religious Practices: An Open Workshop in Honour of Ian Reader". 27-28 Feb 2012, University of Manchester.
- "A Hindu-Buddhist pantheon and the Japanese sky: Aspects of cosmology and ritual in pre-modern Japan". The University of Edinburgh, 13 Feb 2012.
- "The interplay of politics, ritual and philosophy in early ninth-century Japan". Centre for the Study of Religion and Politics,
University of St Andrews, 6th Oct 2011.
- "Mapping Buddhist Monasteries: Modern Technology in the Service of Plotting Ancient Networks", Conference of the East Asian Japanese Resource Specialists, Newcastle University, 8th Sept 2011.
- “The philosophic underpinnings of a political fait accompli: Kukai on body, speech and mind”. 13th International Conference of the European Association for Japanese Studies, Tallinn University, Estonia, 24-27 August 2011.
This article was published on Feb 8, 2013