News and events 2013
"The Monk Jakushō's Adventures in China: A Pilgrimage Performed"
An illustrated lecture by Professor Emeritus Robert Borgen (U California, Davis)
- Date and time: Friday, 10th May, 3pm to 5pm
- Place: Room 3.10 (The Peter Ladefoged Room), Dugald Stewart Building (Bristo Square)
"Shifting Values in Higher Education"
Asian Studies Seminar Series in association with The Daiwa Foundation
Presented by Professor Naoyuki AGAWA, Vice Principal of Keio University, Tokyo
- Date and Time: Wednesday 27 March, 4:30-6.00pm
- Location: 7 George Square, Room S.1
"Space, time and heritage: The market for a Japanese monastery"
An afternoon workshop presented by Dr Ian Astley
- Date and Time: 15 February, 3pm
- Location: IASH, 2 Hope Park Square
Transatlantic Series Joint Seminar
Presented by Dr Natasha Kuhrt, King's College London
- Date and Time: Friday 1st February, 1pm
- Location: Seminar Room 1, Chrystal Macmillan Building, 15A George Square
"Russia, China and the Geopolitics in the Far East"
Dr Natasha Kuhrt is Lecturer in the Department of War Studies at King's College London. Her research interests include Russian and post-Soviet foreign and security policies, international relations, nationalism and dimensions of Russian Great-Powerness. She is the co-convenor of the British International Studies Association working group on Russian and Eurasian Security.
Archive events, including event recordings, dates and website links.
This article was published on Jun 11, 2013