Archived list of the 2009 seminars at the Centre for Integrative Physiology (CIP).
Thu 29 January
- Dr Seungbok Lee (Seoul National University, South Korea)
- 'Regulation of postsynaptic wsp signaling during synaptic growth at the drosophila neuromuscular junction'
Thu 18 February
- 'Complications and confounds in the study of transgenic mouse models of neurodegenerative diseases'
Fri 20 February
- 'The life and work of Donald O Hebb: A biographical review'
Mon 16 March
- 'The hole story. exocytosis and the atomic force microscope'
Fri 5 June
- 'Co-ordination of activity-dependent and neuromodulatory structural synaptic plasticity by small GTPases'
Fri 12 June - 2nd year PhD student talks (part 1)
- Laura Comley (Supervisor: Gillingwater), 'The influence of APOE genotype on the perlpherai nervous system'
- Veronika Kuscha (Supervisor: Becker), 'Neuronal circuit in the spinal cord of zebrafish before and after lesion'
- Alex Crocker-Buque (Supervisor: Kind), 'Methods of analysing mutant phenotypes in the rodent somatosensory cortex'
- Lina Ma (Supervisor: Jarman), 'The regulation and function of genes required for Drosophila sensory neuron differentiation'
- Zhi Liang (Supervisor: Shipston), 'Electrophysiological characterisation of native murine corticotrophs'
- Tatyana Dias (Supervisor: Becker), 'Role of notch signalling during successful spinal cord regeneration in adult zebrafish'
- Yijing Chen (Supervisor: Price), 'Investigating the mechanisms by which the cortex and thalamus form reciprocal connections'
Thu 18 June - 2nd year PhD student talks (part 2)
- Oforiwa Gorleku (Supervisor: Chamberlain), 'Function and targeting of cysteine string protein'
- Fay Newton (Supervisor: Jarman), 'The function of the forkhead factor, fd3F, in drosophila sensory neuron differentiation'
- Zhen Zhong (Supervisor: Becker), 'Neuron development in embryonic zebrafish'
- Paul Baxter (Supervisor: Hardingham), 'Transcriptional regulation of neuroprotective pathways in primary cortical culture'
- Veronika Ganeva (Supervisor: Davies), Title to follow
- Victoria Parker (Supervisor: Douglas), 'Control of basal and stress-induced prolactin secretion in early pregnancy'
- Mohamad Loqman (Supervisor: Hall), 'A study of the growth plate chondrocyte hypertrophy'
Wed 24 June
- 'Specification of oxytocin- and dopamine- secreting neurons in the zebrafish brain'
Fri 3 July
- Prof Newton Canteras (Chair of Anatomy at the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- 'Fear as a hypothalamic function'
Fri 25 September
- 'Presynaptic receptor with a 'split personality' and neurotransmitter release'
Fri 2 October
- 'VAP proteins, ER stress and notor neuron disease'
- 'Generation of physiological diversity through post-transcriptional cross-talk insights from ion channels'
Fri 9 October
- 'Controlling synaptic strength by cell adhesion proteins'
Fri 16 October
- 'Cortical development in mouse models of cognitive impairment'
- 'Imaging neuromuscular synaptic degeneration in vivo by confocal microendoscopy'
Fri 23 October
- 'FGF signalling in cerebellum development'
Fri 30 October
- 'Regulation of protein trafficking and function by palmitoylation'
- 'Patterning and axon pathfinding in the developing forebrain'
Fri 6 November
- 'Synapse evolution: microbes to human'
Fri 13 November
- 'Modelling model systems in neuroendocrinology'
- 'Automated analysis of cognitive behaviours in Drosphilia models'
Fri 20 November
- 'The regulation of plasticity in pain signalling via mTOR and MeCP2'
Fri 27 November
- 'From discovery to function'
- 'Why does chemotherapy treatment induce infertility in women?'
Fri 4 December
- 'NMDA neurotransmitter receptors and their friends: a biochemical analysis'
Fri 11 December
- 'Spinal cord chronic pain pathways'
- 'The building and re-building of the mammalian kidney'
This article was published on Mar 23, 2010